This year we’re looking for vintage lovers who are nifty with a needle!
This competition is open to enthusiastic home dressmakers and crafters from all over NZ.
2021 Competition details
To celebrate our Boot Scootin’ Ball, we’re setting you a whip-cracking challenge…
Show us your WESTERN themed makes!
We want to see a whole western themed outfit, either a dress, top/skirt, top/pants, playsuit, jumpsuit… anything that is a fully formed outfit. We don’t expect you to make your own shoes or accessories, but part of the judging will be on the complete look, so make sure it all works!
Inspiration by Gil Elvgren
How to enter
- Check out the full rules and T&Cs here
- Make your garment and style your outfit!
- Find a model, or model your outfit yourself!
- Come to the main stage at the time designated on the programme for Very Vintage Dressmaking
- Model your outfit on stage and answer MC questions
- Winners announced once all outfits have been modelled.
Questions about Very Vintage Spotlight Dressmaking Competition? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Facebook!